Saturday, August 18, 2012

It's a Busy Saturday~


Pictured above is my Card Candy swap entry for my Convention 2012 Card Candy Swap. I first heard of Card Candy from SUDSOL SU Demo Bobbie Ganley. She hosted a Card Candy swap at Leadership 2012 in San Antonio this past January (you can see the samples from that swap in my January blog posts). I liked the idea so well, that I hosted a Card Candy swap at Splitcoaststampers for the 2012 Convention.

You wonder what is card candy? My best explaination is that is a homemade Jolee. You can make them and hand them out to your hostesses or as door prizes (or even to make fast cards yourself!). This is just a nice way to showcase the versatility of a stamp set. The items are placed on acetate (transparency film) with a glue dot to make them easy to remove and use at a later date. I also place my transparency on a piece of chipboard. Again, I cut up all the whitechipboard that comes with my Stampin Up DSP paper. I attached my transparency to the chipboard and later attached the stamped/matted images. Then I slip it all in a SU cello bag and add a topper.

When I find where I hid my camera I will take photos of all the Card Candy swap entries. We had 2 groups of 8. The swap was awesome. I will be doing it again at the next Convention! The above pictured Card Candy features the stamp set MOUTHWATERING. I wanted to make sure each stamped image had a sentiment to match it or to go with it. I had alot of questions about my purple popsicle. I used the Elegant Eggplant marker. Then  I cut them out and attached them to real wooden mini sticks I found at Hobby Lobby.

This is a busy Saturday weekend. I am in the midst of laundry right now. Then my friend Stacy is coming to do a scrapbook layout. After that I need to head to Little Rock to the teacher store and pick up a couple of items I need. I need more rings for my chart stand and I want another chart holder. Then out to the school to make copies and work on lesson plans. Tomorrow I have a lady coming from Hot Springs to see some SU products and get a catalog. Then Monday morning school starts back full time. Plus on top of it all, I am out on Friday for my 70th chemo round. My mantra is "Only 2 more years.... only 2 more years". I have already handled 5 years, so we know it is possible.

You have a great weekend!
Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment