Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday, February 8, 2010 - Is this really Arkansas???

Jenny woke me at 5 a.m. this morning and told me to go check the weather stations. So I did... amazing! Sometime during the night, either my house was transported to a movie set and someone turned on the snow machine on the highest setting OR it was moved to Vermont. We never get this much snow! There is a layer of ice/sleet under the snow. This photo was taken about 10:15 a.m. (about 15 minutes ago) of my front yard. The snow is coming down in huge flakes and very rapidly. The weathermen are calling for 2 to 4 inches of snow HERE today!


At 5:30 all schools in this area were closed. The main roads were getting too slick. And of course, it might melt some later today, but it will refreeze tonight. So I am betting no school tomorrow either. WOW.....


In a few minutes I am going to post another blog post of a layout I completed this morning of all my wonderful Italian cousins (well those I saw at Christmas). I just noticed I am missing little Nikolas... sorry.... he was not in these photos I used.


Stay warm,

Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment