Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday, February 8, 2010 - My Dear Cousins


Amazing that I even make 2 posts in one day. Been forever since I have done that. Since it is a snow day and I am at home, I decided to try the February Challenge Layout sketch at the Crop Room. I dug into my photos for photos of my wonderful cousins. I am sorry that Nikolas is not in the photos, nor is Gabby, Renzo and Luca (whom I did not get to see this time).
I used a patterned paper with the words COUSINS written in many languages as part of my base. I cut it to 11 1/2 x 11 1/2 and then mounted it to 12 x 12 SU Always Artichoke Cardstock. The photos are (3) 4 x 6 inch photos with SU Really Rust mats in 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 and (3) 3 x 4 photos with SU Really Rust mats in 3 1/4 x 4 1/4. I used the computer to write all the names using SU Naturals White Cardstock and then punched them out with a small oval punch. Then matted those names with SU Really Rust cardstock using the large oval punch. I mounted them using stamping dimensionals (pop dots) to give the page some depth. My journal is computer generated onto SU Naturals White Cardstock (4 x 6) and then matted in SU Really Rust cardstock at 4 1/4 x 6 1/4. I used a 3d diecut of the Leaning Tower for an embellishment and it picks up the tower in the photo below it. Finally I used my Cricut Cartridge POOH FONT SET (yes, as in Winnie the Pooh) and selected letters in 1 3/4 inch Marker style for the SU Really Rust and then letters in the 1 3/4 Marker Shadow style for the SU Naturals White Cardstock to get my title, My Dear Cousins.
It is a very simple layout and I cannot wait to go hang it up in my hallway. This way I can view all the cousins as I walk thru my house. Love my 12 x 12 hanging frames. I keep 3 double spread layouts up at all times. Occasionally I simply remove a double spread layout and add a new one to the frames. Talk about easy decorating! LOL
A whole hour after my last post and it is STILL SNOWING! Wow. At least I do not have to go anywhere today. I have a warm place to be, good food already prepared (I used the crock pot alot over the weekend) and supplies to make more layouts or cards.
You stay warm ,
Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment