Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday Afternoon, May 2, 2010

Yesterday we had the May Stamp Camp. This is one of the cards that we made. It is a gift card holder. On the front of the card we used the stamp set GO GRADUATE. The cardbase is Brilliant Blue, which is sadly retiring (still got to stock up more of it because it is the school color for sis's school!). The mats are Basic Black and Whisper White. All designs were colored in with SU markers. The black ink is Black Stazon.
Now the inside of the card. The upper part of the inside is a single SU stamp called Graduation. Again on Whisper White and matted in Basic Black. The bottom of the card used more stamps from Go Graduate. Again on Whisper White and matted in Basic Black.
The opening of the gift card holder is made with the Word Window punch used 2 times. Then use a circle punch to create the opening. You can slip in a gift card to anywhere using this trick.
The base of the card is 4 1/4 x 11. Score at 3", 5 1/2" and 8 inches on the 11 inch side of the paper. The center fold is a "peak fold" and this is where you create the actual pocket for the gift card. You do the punches along the center fold. After all the punching is out of the way, turn it where you can add a thin strip of red line tape to the outside of the punch area. Do both sides. This prevents your card from slipping out and also creates the final pocket. The other folds at the 3" and the 8 inch positions are called "valley folds". Just think about a mountain going up (that's the peak fold) and the valleys going down.
I have 5 more cards to post from Stamp Camp, but am going to do them one at at time, so I will start blogging more often.
School, home and medical life for me is very hectic right now. We are moving into the new building this week at school. I have chemo this week. House is a disaster and I have started packing a few boxes in anticipation of actually moving out of this rental in June or July. My mortgage is to be approved in June. So late May, I am going out house hunting. On top of all this, my teeth are giving me fits. The chemo has damaged the bones.... and I already had a course of action/treatment planned with my lovely dentist before I started all this chemo. I have not been able to do any of it since I have been on chemo (basically 3 years). Anyway, about a month ago a tooth fell out.... simply fell out. Long story short, I am going to have to have all the upper teeth removed and a denture only on the uppers. Now get this, I cannot have any work done until chemo is finally over (and probably a month out from the last chemo). So I am getting many toothaches and earaches (from the tooth issue). GRRRRR......... life on antibodics and on pain pills as necessary.....
See you later! I have a pile of housework to do. I started deep cleaning the living room this morning. Three hours later, it is immaculate. Now off to the kitchen/dining room. That is my limit for today. Hallway bathroom gets done this week. Next weekend I am hoping on my closet. And finally the following weekend the master bedroom and the master bath. That will leave me only my scrapbook room that is in constant flux between clean and messy.... LOL
Toodles,
Arlene




No comments:

Post a Comment