Friday, June 22, 2012

Convention Swap CARD CANDY

 Wonder what Card Candy is? Imagine having/creating your own Jolee's. You could use them for fast cards or scrapbooking pages. You could use them to amaze your hostesses with a card candy gift for them to use or door prizes to show how you could use a stamp set.

I am hosting a Card Candy swap through Splitcoaststampers at the 2012 Stampin Up Convention in July 2012. I am in two different groups for this swap. These are my card candy entries.

Above you see I used the Stampin Up Mouthwatering stamp set to make 4 different designs with sentiments to accompant the designs. Whoever gets these can make 4 cards simply by mounting them to a card base.

Above is Stampin Up Little Friends stamp set. This time I only have 3 different designs with the sentiments added to the design. I tried to use several of the sizzix dies (scallop square and scallop envelope) as well as the labels framelits. Whoever gets these can make 3 cards simply by mounting them to a card base.

I had participated in a Card Candy swap in January at the Leadership Conference in San Antonio. I loved the items I got at that swap (scroll back to late January posts to view them). So I decided to host the swap at Convention. I have 2 groups of 8 ladies making Card Candy items.

My downline, Micki, did an awesome masculine set with The Open Sea. She did such an outstanding job on hers. But she does not want to show them until after Convention, so I am respecting her wishes.

For those friends on our scrapbooking ning group, The Crop Room, I plan to write Francine to do a Card Candy swap in August or September. Be thinking on it! Let me survive the Convention swaps before I add more to my plate.

On other note. Today was Chemo # 67. Glad it is over. My counts are low -- red blood is at 10.7 but I cannot have a transfusion until it hits 9.9. Normal red blood (the low side of normal) is 12.0. That explains why I am so weak in stamina and of course why I cannot raise arms to lift or move stuff without getting dizzy -- not enough oxygen traveling in my blood. At least I can still sit and stamp and still sit and read my kindle.

All this sitting however is for the birds. I miss having some activity. Hard to loose weight like this -- plus the steriods are NO HELP at all. I am so hungry on the 3 steriod days and my mind races like crazy. I have to take something at night to sleep just to turn off my racing brain. UGH.... Hopefully the August scans will place me back at every 3 weeks for chemo instead of the current 2 weeks.

Okay speaking of food... need to take my night meds (insulin and senokot for the carbo issue and a potassium pill and EAT... told you FOOD drives me for 3 days. Eat, eat, eat. Plus I got a lasix shot in addition to my fluid pills today. So it is off to drink water (so thirsty) and then guess where you have to visit to deposit all that water? I am on my 5th bottle so far today! What a circle! Input and Output.

Have a great evening. Will be back in a day or so with another post.

Arlene

1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful! Hope today finds you feeling as good as can be.

    ReplyDelete