I have a dear friend, Lisa Houston, who pinned the top card to her Pinterest site. She really loved the card and I saw sooo many possibilities with it. I am sorry but I am not sure who made the original. Lisa's Pinterest shows the words "Uploaded by User" and not a website so I cannot acknowledge the card artist.
- # 122737 Button Buddies
- # 121958 Bring on the Cake (sentiment set used inside the card)
- # 102482 Real Red Cardstock
- # 121044 Basic Gray Cardstock
- # 100730 Whisper White Cardstock
- # 100712 Brushed Silver
- # 119251 1/8 inch Real Red Taffeta Ribbon
- # 119747 Brights Designer Buttons
- # 122361 Petite Pennants Builder Punch
- # 120906 2 1/2" Circle Punch
- # 123126 Perfect Pennants BigzL Sizzix Die
- # 123128 Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
- # 113439 Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
- # 104430 Dimensionals
- # 103683 Mini Glue Dots
- Wiggly Eyes
- Whisper White Cardstock - I ran Whisper White cardstock thru my printer to print the words Woo Pig Sooie! I printed 4 per page and then cut the page into 4 pieces at 3 3/4 " x 5 ". Use the Stripes folder to emboss all of the card EXCEPT the printed words. Cover the area between the end of the embossed design and the words with a piece of red taffeta ribbon. I wrap the ends to the back side of the white cardstock.
- Whisper White Cardstock - Stamp up the cute pig from the Button Buddies stamp set with Real Red onto a 3 x 3 " square of Whisper White Cardstock. Use the 2 1/2" circle punch to punch out the pig. I attached the button nose and wiggly eyes with glue dots.
- Whisper White Cardstock - Cut a piece at 4" x 5 1/4" inch for the inside side of your card. I stamped a birthday greeting from the Bring on the Cake stamp set in Black Stazon on my insert.
- Whisper White Cardstock - I also printed off a page of Go Hogs! on my printer to use for the pennants. Take the Petite Pennant Punch and punch out the sentiment using the plain edged pennant.
- Real Red Cardstock - Punch out a scalloped edge pennant using the Petite Pennant Punch. Add your plain edged sentiment punchie to this and attach to a toothpick (you need glue dots!).
- Real Red Cardstock - cut out a cardbase 5 1/2' x 8 1/2" . Score at 4 1/4" on the long side to create the cardbase. Add the whisper white insert inside the card.
- Basic Gray Cardstock - Cut a mat at 4" x 5 1/4". Adhere it to the front of the Real Red Cardbase. Then add your Whisper White design mat (with the Wooo Pig Sooie! and Stripes Embossing on it) to the top of the gray. Because I use 1/4" changes in measurement, you will have that much showing around the edges of each layer.
- Brushed Silver Cardstock - can easily be done with Basic Gray too. I chose the Brushed Silver to give it a slight pop of shimmerness on the central point of the card. Cut a piece of Brushed Silver (or Basic Gray if you prefer) at 3" x 3". Place the cardstock on the Perfect Pennants BigzL die (I chose the larger of the decorative circles) and run it thru your Big Shot. Now place the Pig design onto the Brushed Silver Decorative Circle. Use dimensionals to the back of the silver base and place it on your card. Placement depends on if you do the small GO HOGS! pennant. If you do use the pennant, place the pig just above the red ribbon. Then place your pennant to the left of the circle. If you chose not to use the pennant, then place the pig in the center of the Stripes Embossing.
OPTIONAL IDEAS - If you are not an Arkie or a Razorback fan, simply skip printing Wooo Pig Sooie! on your card (also skip the Go Hogs Pennant) . Instead stamp a greeting you like -- my suggestions are:
- # 122892 Perfectly Penned
- # 120651 Word Play
- # 115070 Smarty Pants
Yesterday was my February Stamp Class. I held 2 sessions - one from 9 a.m. to noon, and another from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. There were many new faces in the class (Alysha, Alex, Kaila, Frankie, Lise, Sandy, Abigail, Kay and Enda) and many of my friends/regulars (Kalen, Michelle, Nana Jenny, Laura, Amber, Micki, Charlie, Nita, Lisa and Melissa). We had a wonderful time!
I will be posting all the cards and our project from class this week. Stayed tuned! If we get the snow as expected tonight, then tomorrow I can easily post in the morning, otherwise it will be in the evening after work.
Sorry for being away so long, but last weekend was a nightmare. I hate it when I get the premeds, the nuclear medicine, the contrast dye and then all the 3 chemo drugs. It makes me so sick all weekend. In fact, I even stayed home on Monday because I was still super nauseous. You know it is bad when you pray that you can throw up! That rarely happens -- in fact, only once in 4 years of chemo has it happened. But oh goodness! I get so nauseous after all the extra drugs - it is like your tummy took a ride on the EXPRESS roller coaster. Normally I get only a mild rollercoaster. So I spent alot of time on the antinausea + sleep aide meds and slept and slept. Being awake was not fun. By Tuesday, I was back again. Don't have to take that ride again until May for my next scans.
Have a great day !