Sunday, September 9, 2012

Convention 2012 Card Candy Swap

Back in January 2012, I signed up for a Card Candy swap at SUDSOL with Bobbie Ganley. I was really not sure what I was getting myself into with this swap for Leadership. Oh my goodness! It was one of my favorites of Leadership.

So Convention 2012 rolls around, and I decide to host this swap at SCS. I was so pleased with the results of the swap! In fact, after the swap, I ended up staying at the swap table an hour because their were so many people taking photos of the swap items (Card Candy) and asking for my card and if I was going to host this swap again next year (You betcha!)

What is card candy you ask? I compare it to "handmade jolee's". You can give them to your hostesses as gifts, use them as door prizes, or save them when you need a fast card.  I want to share with you a few of them I got  in the swap. There were 2 strings of card candy with 8 ladies in each group. I have been working over 30 minutes to get them posted to the gallery at Splitcoast but it is not working today. Let me share a few of the 16 card candy entries today. I will share all 16 over the next week, so bear with me.

Card Candy # 1 -
This entry was made by Liz Rydwin (SCS Name: Red Apron).
 


Stamp Set: Priority Mail
Cardstock: Whisper White, Garden Green, Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green, Primrose Petals, Island Indigo, Raspberry Ripple, Midnight Muse, Basic Gray, Gold, Real Red and Baja Breeze
Ink: Primrose Petals, Versamark, Midnight Muse, Basic Gray, and Baja Breeze
Punches: Curly Label, Postage Stamp, 1 3/8" Circle, 1 3/8" Square, Modern Label, Large Oval, Scallop Oval and Scallop Circle
Accessories: Stampin' Dimensionals, Gold Embossing Powder, and Dazzling Diamonds.
 
 
Card Candy # 2
 
This entry was made by Kathy Kartak (SCS Name: kkrab5)
 
Stamp Set:  Tea Shoppe
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green, and Elegant Eggplant
Ink:  Gumball Green, Elegant Eggplant, Primrose Petals
Markers: Primrose Petals, Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit
Punches:  1 3/8" Circle,  1 1/4" Circle, Word Window, Modern Label, Large Oval, Scallop Oval and Decorative Label
Accessories: Labels Collection Framelits, Basic Pearls and Rhinestones, and Dazzling Details
Ribbon: Daffodil Delight Seam Binding and Primrose Petals Stitched Satin
 
 
Card Candy # 3
This entry was made by Shelia Jamison (SCS Name: jamisonandco)
 
Although Shelia did not list her ingredients, I will attempt to list them for you.
 
Stamp Sets: Mixed Bunch and Papillon Potpourri
Cardstock: Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, and Basic Black
DSP:  Daffodil Delight Dots, and Real Red Stripes
Inks:  Basic Black, and Real Red
Accessories: Rhinestones, Pearls, White Baker's Twine, Real Red Button, Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons
Punches: Blossom Punch, and Elegant Butterfly
 

Card Candy # 4

This entry was made by Micki Sewell (SCS Name:spanishteacher)
 
Stamp Sets: Loving Thoughts, Word Play, The Open Seas
Inks: Crumb Cake, Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Sahara Sand, and Early Expresso
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler and Not Quite Navy
Punches: Extra Large Tag and Decorative Label
Big Shot: Two Tags Die
Embellishments:  Baker's Twine in Early Expresso and sponged in Crumb Cake
 
There you go, the first 4 of the 16 card candy entries in the 2012 Card Candy Convention Swap. I will host this swap again at the 2013 Convention!
 

Have a great day!
Arlene


No comments:

Post a Comment