Monday, January 30, 2012

Card Candy swap from Leadership - Part 1






























Card Candy - I was reading a post about a Card Candy swap, and I was clueless. So I wrote the hostess of the swap, Bobbie Ganley, and asked about it. Basically card candy is either for cardmaking or scrapbooking. Most people give these as a gift to the hostess who holds a party. I think of them as "homemade, creative Jolee's" done" with stamps, tools and embellishments I already own. Just think of the possibilities to customize them in the colors you need. Perhaps you are sending blank cards/envies to someone with a package of card candy. That way the recepient can make their own cards or use the designs on a scrapbook page.




The first photo is of Card Candy featuring the Fancy Flower Punch. This was created by Candy Rattray of San Antonio, Texas. I really love how Sandy used her Fancy Flower punch. Her accessories include a Hershey kiss, buttons, rhinestones and Fire or Ice circle brads, and punches on dimensionals. Just a note for you -> Did you know you can color rhinestones with a permanent marker (Sharpie or Bics for example) to create the color rhinestone you want to use? Easy, peasy! I purchased a huge set of permanent markers and now I can color rhinestones in any color I need for a card or a scrapbook page. I simply buy the SU clear rhinestones and I am set to go!




Card Candy # 2 features Birthday Card Candy. This was created by Bobbie Ganley (our Swap Hostess) . I think she did an awesome job one these creations. Love the little cupcake with the cherry on top! She has a layer at least on each of her items. Nothing is flat and static - instead each have depth and dimension (as well as some nice colors for birthday items). Among the Stampin Up stamp sets used are: Bring on the Cake, Create a Cupcake, and A Word for You.




Card Candy # 3 features the new stamp set in the Occasions Mini, Tea Shoppe. It was created by Carol Siers of Wilmington, Delaware. I admire Carol because she hand cut that large teacup, including the inside handle. That is something that is difficult for me to do these days with my fine motor issues from all the chemo. She displayed many of the stamps from this set in her card card treatment.




Card Candy # 4 features flowers - made from stamps, punches, and our Paper Daisies. It was created by Gail Beezley of San Antonio, Texas. I just love the top left flower from the Stampin Up stamp set, Flower Fest . Doesn't that flower have a springy feel to it? Another favorite in this set, is the flowers with the IN COLOR Glimmer brads and tiny pearls (looks like they were colored with a sharpie too!) on the flower in the bottom left corner. Those flowers come the Stampin Up stamp set, Vintage Vogue.




Card Candy # 5 features a kid theme. This was created by Stacey Tomkowiak of Aurora, Illinois. Among the Stampin Up stamp sets represented are: I Dig You, Little Princess, and Easy Events. I just love the little brads on the construction equipment on the top left side. Makes it have a more realistic look. The water really sparkers on the baby duck at the bottom. And of course, our little princess has a rhinestone in her tiara.

That concludes part 1 of the Card Candy swap. Stayed tuned for the other 5 swap items in the next post.




All these ladies mentioned are Stampin Up Demonstrators. If you live in their area, I am sure they would appreciate you contacting them about their clubs, classes and events.




Arlene








No comments:

Post a Comment