Monday, January 30, 2012

Card Candy swap from Leadership - Part 2






















Card Candy Part 2


1st photo - features a Masculine theme or a Western theme. These lovelies were created by Robin Greer. She used several different Stampin Up stamp sets including: In Wilderness, Out West and an SAB set. Notice her eagle has an antique brad in the lower right corner; love the two toned cowboy too! I can see making all kinds of male cards with these lovelies.


2nd photo - features the new set from the Occasions mini, Bordering on Romance. and the sentiment is from Blessings from Heaven. The creator of these pieces of card candy was Adrianna Benitez. Notice her flowers on the right top tag. She actually stamped the flowers on a blue printed paper, and then hand cut it out to paper piece over her stamped image. She used a marker to give dimension. The sentiment is a beautiful sentiment found in Blessings from Heaven -- and it is so true! Notice she used the new edgelits to create the nice trim on the left side of this photo.


3rd photo- features an assortment of card candy items for various times. This was created by Susan Finn of Tulsa, Oklahoma. I just love the bright summery colors she used. Her mother tag has pearls on it. The thank you tag has a Fire or Ice Brad. The cute yellow rosette bears a banner that reads congratulations. Each of her items has a depth to it, either by using embellishments, dimensionals or layers.


4th photo - features Valentine's. These sparkly items were created by Linda Haupt of Rapid City, SD. She embossed the doily with white embossing powder on red paper and then aded a red glimmer heart (plus a few extra hearts too!). I really like her rosette made with the Twitterpated paper - and check out that tiny jewelry tag punch! One of my favorite Valentine stamps this year came from the new Occasions mini, P.S. I Love You and my favorite stamp in the set is the silhoutte of the boy and girl on the bike.

5th and final photo features a Baby Theme. I made this set. It would work better for a scrapbook than a card. This card card stamp set is also in the Occasions mini, Baby Prints.
I just could not decide to whether to do a baby girl or a baby boy... finally I gave up and drug out my Blushing Bride and Bashful Blue and went to town. While I doing the letters, BABY, I decided to add some glitz to it all by adding the Silver Glimmer paper. I took an extra of this with me and hung it up for the Leadership contest. Much to my surprise, I actually won a prize with it! Woohoo! And many thanks to basketballmom (Gail) from SCS (Splitcoaststampers) who hunted me down to let me know I won a prize. I came home with a roll of Blushing Bride pleated ribbon and the Twitterpated Paper. I gave the buttons to Gail for her notifying me!


While I had never participated or heard of this type of swap before, I am in love with it. I see so many possibilities for card candy. In fact, I showed these to our scrapbook site, The Crop Room (a private group on Ning). We are going to have a card candy swap beginning in mid March. :>


That's all for tonight!

Arlene





















































































No comments:

Post a Comment