Saturday, December 26, 2009

Saturday, December 26, 2009


This is a photograph of Zio Corrado, Lucia and myself on Christmas Day at the home of her father, Zio Claudio.
We took photographs after the dinner. Zio said he was tired of all the photos and would we stop please.
Lucia brought her card reader over tonight and we loaded all her Christmas photos to Zio's computer. Now I have a few photos to share with you. Of course, I must upload them each day and sometimes I get the written Italian words confused, so we shall see.
Today we went to Ilaria's for lunch. She served the appetizer course with a shrimp in a cream sauce, salmon on toast, sliced boiled eggs, capers, sausage, 2 types of cheeses, and finally OLIVES! I had some wonderful black and green olives..... yummy. The main course was a pasta with a crab sauce. It was good, but since I am not that found of crab, it was not my favorite meal.
After we ate then we played Scopa. Ilaria and Zio were partners and Gas and I were partners. Not sure how that happened. The two novice players versus the experienced. Needless to say, they won. But it was good for me, because Ilaria explained to me how the game is scored. I knew you got a point for each Scopa (clearing off all the cards from the table) and a point if you had the bella diamonte (the 7 of diamonds). I did not understand how you got the point for total cards, total diamonds or the family of 7's until today. Nothing like playing with only half the rules. LOL
I was not feeling well this afternoon and went to rest for thirty minutes. I ended up falling asleep for over 2 hours. I woke and went to the kitchen to find Zio sitting with his scrapbooking. Or that is what I call it. He takes his photographs of the naval ships and puts them in an album. Then he takes a Dyno LetraTag machine and creates a label for each ship. He writes the name of the ship on each page. To me, it is another form of scrapbooking. He told me he had a nice, calm and tranquil afternoon working on his photos. I think it the first time he has been alone doing anything he wanted to do since I arrived.
I had only been up about 5 minutes and Lucia arrived. They are both in the kitchen now visiting. Lucia is preparing fish for dinner. She wanted me to come and put the new photos on the blog, so here I am!
Today is cold and cloudy with no rain. I hope for better weather tomorrow. I want to go out walking and the weather has not cooperated with me. Today the sea was calm with little waves. Yesterday instead the waves were very high and crashing fast against the beach. The wind was bitter off the water.
I am feeling much better now than I have felt most of the day. That nap sure helped me alot. But now I need to go back to the kitchen to visit with Zio and Lucia.
I will see you later or tomorrow with other photos.
Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment