Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 5, 2010 - Just thinking of Mom



This is a scrapbook layout I created in December for the Pine Haven Scrapbook Group. It was my month to design a layout. I finally chose to use photos from Mom's last Christmas in 2005. We were celebrating it at Jenny's house in Benton. It was a bittersweet Christmas. Mother had just been told not a week before that she was in Stage 4 Lung Cancer. We had understood if she took chemo then we would have her 12 to 18 more months. If she did not take chemo it would be as short as 6 months. Well Mom took the chemo, and we lost her before 6 months was gone.
If you notice the left side of the page starts with a double matted photo of Mom and Mark (Jenny's husband). I decided they needed to be the focal point of the layout since neither of them are with us anymore. Mom passed away in June 2006 and Mark passed away in June 2008. Mark died of complications of MS.
On the left page on the bottom left side is a photo of Mom with Laura. Laura is Jenny's daughter. On the bottom right of the same page is a photo of Bruno, Mom and Cody. Cody is Bruno's son.
On the right page of the layout there are 3 photos of us with Mom. Across the top right is Jenny and Mom, and then Bruno and Mom. I am in the bottom photo on the right page. I cut out 2 circle ornaments and then stamped them. One is stamped with a red cardinal, which is a family symbol of our Mom. Notice that Mom and Jenny are both wearing cardinal sweaters. Even the china on the table is decorated with cardinals. The other is a small house with a sentiment that reads, " Though far and wide on earth we roam, at Christmas time our hearts come home."
Okay my shower beckons me. Or I will be late to work this morning. I refused to get up at 2 a.m. and curled in my bed until 4 a.m. So I did not have time to do all I have been doing in the morning. Only 1 load of laundry this morning, then a big order at Stampin Up since today Sale*a*Bration started, and finally gathering items necessary for work today (plus a big container of hot chocolate powder for my kiddos!).
Have a great day and stay warm.
Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment