Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday, January 4, 2010


This photo is an old one. It was taken in April 2009. But it is the last one with the entire family in it. Front row is Austin, his mom Laura Jill, Isabel (who was my mother's dearest friend for over 40 years), Jenny. The back row is Bruno, his son Cody, and then me in my turban. This photo was taken in front of Jenny's house.
I try hard to get photos of Jenny, Bruno and I together when we do see each other. Love to see how we are the same, yet different over the years.
Today is January 4, 2010 and I return to work at Bauxite High School. I am going to like seeing my kids and hearing all the goodies they got for Christmas. It is 5:41 a.m. and I have been awake since 2 a.m. I managed to get 2 loads of laundry washed and dried. I also finished coloring or inking up some images for Zio's cards. Tonight I will put the cards together. I need to send 3 or 4 immediately. That way, Lucia can give him one a day from me.
I must go to take a shower in about 15 minutes. Then prepare for work. I have to make my lunch to take too. Then gather some little trinkets I got for a few friends. I will deliver these this morning. I am going to stop and get a large hot chocolate and a breakfast sandwich at the corner store.
Have to get back on track with my portfolios. I lack only a few photos but must check my list to make sure what is left. Today I will simply double check the list and plan when I will complete the photos.
I also want to see how the new school building is going. We are supposed to move into it in February. I am excited about that. A true classroom with a kitchen, a huge storage room, and a bathroom. No more being in this bowling alley or rather the 2 lanes of the bowling alley. LOL.... I will miss many of my friends who are not going with me, but I need room!
I will try and take photos of the building this week, and perhaps I will finally get to go visit the new room! No one has wanted me to climb the 3 flights of stairs to see it. But before Christmas the crew had completed the concrete sidewalk that joins the 3rd floor (where I will be) and the main road level. I plan on going in and out this door alot!
The snow yesterday never appeared, but the weathermen are calling for it again on Wednesday night and Thursday morning. So we shall see.
Take care and I will see you later.
Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment