Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesday, January 13, 2010


It is hard to imagine that I took this photo only 2 weeks ago today. Stefano, Lucia and I were wandering around Miracle Square (home to the Leaning Tower). Stefano is not paying attention because there was a man who was bothering us trying to sell stuff to the tourists. This fellow and one other I saw, did not have vendor areas. They simply walked with merchandise in their hands and tried to harass you into purchasing. Stefano had already told him to go away once. The second time he did, the guy left in a hurry. Imagine that! LOL... In the background there is the Bascilia, the Catherdral and the Leaning Tower. In this direction you cannot see the Camposanto (cemetary building) nor the walls of Pisa from the medieval period.
I just noticed that 2 days have slipped by without a post. Sorry, but this is my hectic week. I worked only on Monday and Tuesday and have to prepare for the entire week with my assistant. Today is Chemo Day again. So I am off work the remainder of the week. Sometimes I do okay on Thursday thru Sunday after chemo, sometimes instead I have mild to severe nausea. You never know what will happen.
I have started the paperwork finally to become a houseowner. Not sure if anything will happen or not. Yesterday I completed a mortgage application, but found out I do not have a credit score. LOL... I have not used credit at all for over 8 years or more. I have operated only on a cash system. If I had the cash, then I could buy. If I did not have the cash, then I could not get it. Works well for me and I stayed out of debt. So time will tell if I get approved for a mortgage.
I did see a house near Jenny's that I really love. Does not mean I am getting that house at all. Just means I viewed it personally and it would fit my needs. What it does have that I do not need is a in-ground swimming pool. That is a luxury item that is not on my list. I like the house because it has a great kitchen, warm living room with a fireplace, and it has a sunroom area that would work great for scrapbooking / cardmaking classes. Plus it is completely fenced in with a wooden fence that is about 5 foot or higher. Behind the house is timber (a wooded lot) that will not be built upon. So I would have nature at my backdoor and not another house. Best of all it has NO STAIRS!!!! It is a simple one story house with 3 bedrooms (that way all my cousins can come visit!).
So I should hear from the mortgage company sometime this week. If this does not go thru then they will open me 2 lines of credit for 3 to 6 months to build a credit report for me. Sigh... Or my realtor says he will find another way. So I simply sit back and put it into God's hands. I have done all I need to do, and now it is HIS will whether this is where HE wants me or it is not. There are always other houses - getting the mortgage is the important factor.
I am going to go make my Dr. Baltz beam this morning! Thanks Paolo for getting the Ferrari book for me in English. I am bringing that and the lovely red Ferrari shopping bag with me to the clinic this morning. Can't wait to see his face.
Have a great day!
Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment