Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thursday, January 14th, 2010

The photos tonight are of 2 cards I made yesterday during my STERIOD phase. That is when my brain is racing from the steriods I am given at chemo and cannot sleep. This is a period you want to avoid me because I turn into a ADHD (Attention Deficient Hyperactive Disorder) personality. I CANNOT SHUT UP for the life of me and Lord can I talk up a storm... let's say you don't need truth drugs on me then... I will talk and talk and all sorts of things spill out while in my brain I am screaming SHUT UP ARLENE! LOL

Anyway back to these cards. The one on the left with the red mats/ribbon is for a SUDSOL SU Demo cardswap in which I am participating. I have to make 11 of these and then I will get different cards back for my sample book. SUDSOL is a group of Stampin Up Demonstrators. The card on the right with the pink mats/ribbon is a card I am teaching at my January 23rd Stamp Camp. Everything is the same with both cards except the mat/ribbon colors of red or pink. I used the Sending Love Speciality glitter paper and the new stamp set LOVE BANDIT from the SU Occasions Mini Catalog. Love that stinkin' little raccoon. The sentiment (which is small) reads You stole my Heart.... awwwww....

Today was a wierd day. I finally went to bed at 4:30 a.m. from my steriod phase. Slept until 7 a.m. WOW huh! Then around 9 I went to town to do a couple of errands, first taking a dose of anti-nausea drugs. An hour later I was back home with the bills paid. Then I sat up in the scrapbook room with Aunt Chuck (a friend of mine) and made 3 birthday cards. Finally I started getting that chemo flush and nausea again, so we stopped. Aunt Chuck left with her goodies and I went to take more meds and eat a bit of lunch. I stayed up longer... then at 4:00 I went to take a nap and slept to 7:30.. got back up. Fed the furrballs their dinner, and then grabbed some fruit. Came back and finished the last of my birthday cards I needed for a swap on the Crop Room (a scrapbooking and cardmaking group) for the January Card Queen. We all sign up for the card queen each month, and if your name is drawn you get lots of cards to use. Say there are 10 people in the swap, and one person is named the winner. The winner then gets 4 cards from each of the 9 other players, resulting in 36 cards ready to use. Great way to get your card stash to grow if you win. If you lose, then you are only making 4 cards. Normally I would do 2 of each design so I can keep one in my stash, but not today. Got too much on my desk.

Soon I go back to bed. Hope to sleep a decent night sleep tonight. Brain is back to normal, so I should be able to get a good night's rest. This cycle is going okay. Lots of mild nausea but the meds control it. I get a bit done, and rest as needed. If seems if I try to do too much, then I get the full blown out of control nausea. Then it is Phenegrin time, which I hate. That stuff makes me sleep for 12 hours and then I feel drunk for another 6 hrs. It does stop the nausea but I hate the price. Rather take the Zofran for the mild nausea and call it quits.

Tomorrow I will post more cards. I made several to send to Zio and they came out really cute. There is a boat, a frog on a lilypad, 2 different cat cards and a Sock Monkey card that I love. Will share them tomorrow.

Have a good night.
Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment